The coalition is a group of Lockwood residents coming together to come up with and carry out new
ideas to better and bring the community together.
The Purpose.. A unified community!
This is a group that will get things done. RDCC members—that could be YOU too—have
prioritized the needs and wants of community residents into three:
1) Build community connections;
2) Create positive opportunities for children and youth; and
3) Address the needs of our senior neighbors and residents.
Is the RDCC like all other community groups?
The answer is “no.” Why? Because we have guiding principles that keep our group productive and
respectful and we work on behalf of all residents of Lockwood. Our Guiding Principles are:
• We all have shared goals to be more united.
• Honesty and trust are MUSTS: speaking your mind but speak the truth.
• Stay committed; we all want change.
• Stay calm and get things done. Your voice will be heard if it’s clear and controlled.
• LISTEN and share ideas; everyone has a voice.
• LISTEN and UNDERSTAND. We must not only listen, but also HEAR what is being said.
• We have ideas and we have answers. Do YOU? JOIN US.
When and where do we meet?
Our next meeting is Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at the Community Center from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
We were meeting every second Thursday from 3:30-5:00 p.m., but want more people, especially
those working during the day to be able to attend. We have changed our meetings to every
second Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:00 p.m. as a consequence. Community Chest,
Inc. has provided a facilitator who helps organize us, keep the meetings running according to our
guiding principles and provides us with summarizes of our minutes and follow-up tasks. As we
move forward, we will take this role on with their support. The remaining meetings for 2010 are:
July 14, 2010
August 11, 2010
September 8, 2010
October 13, 2010
November 10, 2010
December 8, 2010
All meetings are held 5:30-7:00 p.m. at the Community/Senior Center