Friday, April 16, 2010

Open Letter from Sheriff Candidate Antinoro

Dear Friends and Supporters,
I have devoted my 25-year career in law enforcement to protecting the citizens of my community, the last four of which have been in Storey County. I am committed to providing Storey County citizens and visitors with the highest quality of service so that our communities can continue to maintain an excellent environment in which to live and raise a family.

My experience over the past four years has given me sound insight as to the needs of the community. Your Sheriff’s Office has become recognized as one of the premier sheriff’s offices in rural Nevada. We have worked hard to improve services to the citizens; improved the professionalism of Sheriff’s Office staff; and through technology and efficiency, are better at providing the quality of service our county needs and deserves.

I look forward to continuing to serve the citizens of Storey County. We have already developed a support network to county seniors through the Sheriff’s Office in partnership with various community groups; we are working towards implementing Neighborhood Watch programs in some areas of the county where there is desire to be involved by residents; and we are looking to develop youth and other citizen programs to continue keeping the community knowledgeable of the workings of our office.

I hold the office of Sheriff in the highest regard and am committed to serving this community with dedication and enthusiasm. I will continue to work with citizens and other public agencies to address the concerns of the community and to protect our citizens to the best of my abilities.

I am asking for your support in my campaign. Please take a moment to review the support card. Your comments are welcome and I appreciate your support and your vote in the 2010 election.

The above is the Storey Citizens statement of the candidate on his web site. It is placed here for balance against the John Tyson letter of previous post.

No comments: